Monday, February 28, 2011

It's been a while....




Okay so I just logged onto my blog and realized that I haven't wrote on here since before we started school. That feels like it was 5 years ago! So it's time for a quick update. I'll start with Rick because I find him more interesting :). Rick has been doing awesome with everything! He goes to school monday-friday and also works monday, wednesday and friday. He is doing so good at both. His history class is hard, but he'll get through it and be happy to have it done. I've had to leave for clinicals and 5 in the morning, so Rick gets up and gets in the truck and goes to school and does pretty much everything by himself. After Rick had his accident and we were home trying to figure out how to get our lives back, I never imagined that he would be this independent and that we could both be going to school and work and living pretty regular lives. When I got accepted into the nursing program, I had no idea how it would work when I had to go to clinicals all day and he had school and work, but everything fell into place, and it's working out great! Rick is amazing! He's getting really anxious for warm weather so that he can get his bike out and start going on long bike rides and getting good exercise.




Well the nursing program has been crazy, amazing, fun, and stressful all at the sime time, sometimes in the same minute! The first semester we were in the classrooom all day everyday learning about being a nurse. We had so many tests and assignments I had no idea how I'd make it through. But I did, and looking back it was so fun finally learning about nursing and not doing stupid prereqs anymore. I am so lucky that I met a group of people that instantly became my best friends and we got each other through that semester. They are now my clinical group and we go everywhere together. Clinicals started in January and so far I have been to Beaver hospital, Sevier hospital (in Richfield) and I'm currently going to the hospital in Payson. I am so lucky that I have found something that I absolutely love to do!!! Even on the crappiest clinical day, with mean nurses, crazy patients, not getting paid for long hours, etc. , I still come home loving every minute of it. Poor Rick has to hear an account of every minute of my day, but it's just because I 'm so excited I have to tell someone! I have done and seen things that I never thought I would (at least at clinicals) and I love everytime I get to have my own patient and I am their NURSE!!! I just sent in my RN application to Weber state, so wish me luck!! I can't believe I graduate with my LPN the end of April. It's so close! So basically, I can't wait till I can actually work as a nurse, and I really think I found my calling in life.




We still have our foster daughter Ruby. She stays busy as well with work, and going to the gym ,and shopping and bowling and all sorts of stuff. We're lucky she has such great people that work with her and take her to do all these fun things. Me and Rick's 4 year anniversary is next week! We're going to Vegas again because we had so much fun last year. Our two little puppies are still around and I still love them and they still drive Rick crazy :).




So there's an update on the Werry's! We're doing good, and having new adventures like always!




No comments: