Saturday, November 5, 2011

Still alive

Well, we are still alive! This has been the busiest year of our lives ever!! So I'll hurry and write a quick catch up on what's been going on.
So I'll start with Rick.... he's going to school full time and he's working part time. He's in some hard classes this semester including math, english, speech, and a geography class. It's his hardest semester yet, but he's plugging through. Work is going good for him, they've been having him do a lot of projects and stuff, and keeping him busy. So, if he wasn't busy with all of that, he's been doing so much on the side. First of all, we got a side-by-side this year, it's called a Hisun. They built some hand controls for Rick on it, so he's been driving it all over the place. It's so fun to go out on a ride up the mountain and all over the place!
Rick loves working on his parent's farm and did it pretty much every night before his accident. So, he's been thinking of ways that he can help on the farm now. So earlier this year, we loaded him up in the skidsteer and he hauled manueer all day several times. He loved it and had so much fun! Then a month ago, he decided that he wanted to cut hay. So... he cut hay!
This picture is of how we got rick into the swather.
It was up really high, so we loaded him in the bucket
and put the bucket right next to the door of the
swather, then he slid over into the seat of the
swather, it actually worked out great!! He had such a great time! Another thing that me and Rick love is Halloween!!! We go all out at our house and love to go to parties, and this year with our neighbor we actually hosted a halloween party. So we had to have an awesome picture for Rick. So... we made him an awesome costume!!
We had so much fun, and it was an awesome costume!! I was just a "farmer girl", not too creative but hopefully I think of something better next year. So Rick's been having a great year, doing so many new things, and I couldn't be prouder of him!!
Well, as for me, life is crazy!! I graduated from the LPN program in April, and passed my boards. Then I got accepted into the RN program through Weber State and started that in August. School this year is a lot different than last year. I mostly just do clinicals and hand on experience, and I have school once a week, and homework the rest of the time. In September I started a job giving flu shots. I worked for an immunization clinic, and scheduled myself to work in Wal-Mart about 20 hours a week. It was a great job because I could do my homework and watch all the crazy people that go to wal-mart. I just got done with that last week, but it was good experience. I'll graduate with my RN in April, and hopefully get a full time job somewhere great! I love being a nurse, and I can't wait to be done with school! When I'm not at school, or work, or doing homework, or doing a clinical, I'm helping Rick with some adventure he wants to do that day. So like I said, we've been busy!!
Clear back in March we went to vegas, and had a blast!
This summer me and Rick got in our bikes and rode from Joseph up to Big Rock Candy Mountain and then back to our house in Monroe which came to a total of 22 miles!! It was so fun, towards the end I wondered if I was going to make it home, but we did it!!
Well hopefully I can update this more often than once a year, but that's all I can think of right now!

1 comment:

KL said...

I LOVE reading your updates! This post made me tired just reading it - how y'all can fit everything you do each day in 24 hours is amazing! Keep posting!