Wednesday, November 19, 2008

i'm a slacker

So yes we are still alive, just been a little crazy lately. With my new home health company I have about 24 or more patients a week which is a little bit of a change since I use to have 9. I work Monday, Wednesday, and Fridays and have about 8 or 9 patients a day. So thats been keeping me busy. Then we drive up to Salt Lake Monday, drive home Tuesdays, drive back up to salt lake Wednesdays and home Thursdays, for Rick's therapy. Needless to say we do ALOT of driving! But we think that Rick's therapy is important to his recovery so it's worth it. And for the first time ever, I'm attempting to make all my christmas gifts. So when we are home I'm trying to work on those. So there is all my many excuses for not writing on the blog forever. But life has been going pretty good. It seems like lately I've spent alot more time on my knees than ever before in my life. I've been having alot more breakdowns and I wish I could just cut it out. I know that everything is going to be okay, I just don't know when and that's the most frustrating part. I thought that Rick would be all better by now, and it's just frustrating. I guess this really is a true test of our faith and patience. And I'm really not doing good at the patience part. But we just keep going and do the best we can. I just really want a Christmas miracle!! But this is just one of those months, hopefully it just gets better and better!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Tara, I want you to know that I have been thinking about you a lot the past few weeks. When we pray each day for Rick we also pray for you. For the past week I have been praying that you would have added strength and I hope you can feel those prayers. I love you and appreciate so much all that you do for Rick. You are AMAZING! I really look up to you-you have so many Christ-like qualities. Sorry for all of the mushiness but I wanted you to know that you are loved and prayed for every single day. We hope to see you soon-I am really looking forward to the holidays because of the miracle we have of being together-so glad that Rick is here with us!

Unknown said...

PS- Rick I love you too and you are also AMAZING! Keep up the hard work and faith because we all know that is what works!

Teea Lamb said...

Tara, I don't know if you remember me from high school, I was Teea Tye then, but I just found your blog through Heidi and Jonathon's. I just have to say that I am very impressed and very touched with your posts. I don't know your story, but I can tell you and Rick have been through a lot. I admire your strength and optimism. Thank you for sharing your story. Good luck with everything. I hope you get a Christmas miracle as well. You deserve it.
All my best,
Teea