Friday, October 24, 2008

count your many blessings....

Well sometimes we get so caught up in waiting and finding our big miracle, that we forget to count the blessings we get every day. But lately we've had so many blessings that I need to write and say how blessed we are. On my very last day of work I was feeling pretty stressed and worried and sad on my way home from work. I just didn't know what we'd do for money and I didn't know what kind of job would hire me only three days a week and for only a couple hours because I need to be home with Rick. Then I found out about a home health and hospice place in Salina that was interested in hiring me. They found out that our branch went out of business. So the day I lost a job, another job became available. I went and had my interview today and I got the job and I start Monday. I'll get paid a little more and I get more patients. So that was a BIG blessing. We'll now be able to pay our bills! And while we're on that subject, we also got accepted for social security disability! Which I hear it's almost impossible to file for disability and have it all work out, but ours was way easy! We filed one day and we were excepted a short time later. So that's also a huge relief! We also get to keep our medicaid, we just have to pay a little more a month. But that means we'll still get reembursed for our gas to go to therapy. So those are three huge blessings all in a row!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

It really is amazing how the Lord can bless our lives in so many different ways. It's crazy how we sometimes get caught up in life and forget to really count our blessings. Congrats on your new job! I'm sure you'll do great!

Harding Family said...

Keep your blogs coming!!! I check for them constantly. I love reading about all that you guys are doing and all the blessings coming your way. It's obvious the Lord is looking out for you. We pray for you DAILY (even the boys)! Love and miss you. Give Rick a HUGE HUG from us! Chad & Tiff

Anonymous said...

The thought "When one door closes another one opens" keeps coming to my mind. I think this has been so true for us lately. We are so proud of both of you. You are in so many people's prayers. And Heavenly Father is watching you all the timne. you are awesome.Love ya

Unknown said...

I am glad that things are working out so well for you guys. I wonder if you got just one huge blessing right from the start if you would under-appreciate all of the daily things that Heavenly Father does for us everyday. I know I would. Don't worry we are still praying and many more blessings are headed your way!