Friday, July 25, 2008

Always progress.....



Well yesterday was the 24 of July.. In the morning we walked out our front door and watched the parade. We live right on Main street and the parade goes right by our house! We just sat on Rick's ramp in the shade and watched all the fun things go by. I LOVE small town parades! They have the cutest little floats and animals. When I'd watch the parades in salt lake they were always fun, but they didn't have the same feeling as the parade here. My favorite part was the tiny horses. They were the size of a bigger dog like a lab or something... but they have to be the cutest things I've ever seen! Before I was bugging Rick to get a dog but now I'm wondering if I should start bugging him to get a mini horse!!! Then after the parade we just hung out at home because it was way to hot outside! So we stayed inside and just relaxed. In the evening our friends came over and we all had a bbq. There was 4 couples and their kids and it was so much fun, not to mention yummy food! Then at night time we went and sat in our backyard and watched the fireworks. That is one thing about this old house we're living in right now is that we are in the perfect position for the 24 of july. Perfect for the parade and perfect for the fireworks. It was a great day!!


Well you can probably guess... but we're not in our new house yet. They had a problem getting the trex that goes on our deck delivered and our stove was on back order. But from what we hear next week we should move in for real. The trex got delivered today so they just have to put it on and the little inside stuff should get done this weekend and then appliances on tueday and hopefully move in wednesday or thursday. But in the mean time, our whole house is in boxes. Rick's sister Becky and his mom came and helped me pack everything up, too bad we couldn't move in the next day. Until then we'll just have to find ways to make do. At least when it's time to move in we'll be all ready!!





Well today was therapy day. It feels like we haven't been forever!! Now that we cut down to once a week it seems like forever between therapy sessions. But Rick did awesome today!!! He was moving both of his legs so good and strong! They put him on the treadmill to walk him and his therapists said that he could feel Rick helping! His reflexes are alot stronger and his movement keeps getting better and better! It's so fun to watch his legs move and all the improvement he's making. Next time we go I'll take video and put it on here so everyone can see what he can do!! The improvements and progress will just keep coming and it's going to be so fun to watch it all happen!!



5 comments:

Jenny said...

A mini horse, huh? My girls already think their mom is a mean old mom because they don't get a dog but "Rick and Tara are going to get one and it's just not fair!" And that's just a dog. If you got a mini horse, well, let's just say I would NEVER hear the end of it! It was fun seeing you guys for a short time last week. Makayla wants to come to your house again and Kelli follows her around saying "Wick and Teawa". Hope you have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

We really do miss you guys. I don't know if I told you, but Norm is all done with all of his therapys except cardiac rehab, and we do that at Timp Hospital instead of Utah Valley. So, we hardly get to Provo anymore. Shane used to keep me up to date on how you are doing, but now, I am going to have to find out another way. There is always Anna, but I haven't heard from her in a while.

It is wonderful to hear about the progress Rick is making. We have all seen so many miracles in the last couple of months. Norm and I were talking just today about the fact that his surgery was five months ago!!! His progress is amazing. It is so good to hear you are doing well, and Mike and Michelle are doing great too. Just keep it up.

Unknown said...

Tara thanks for blogging about Rick's progress- we always want to know how things are going with you guys but I try not to harass you with too many phone calls. Rick-I am so glad that things are progressing in your physical recovery-I know that everyday you are a living testimony of the miracles of the priesthood and of the blessings of faith and obedience. Thanks for your great examples! We love you!

Unknown said...

I live for your updates! He is doing so awesome! It is a race to see who walks first! It's so good to get the updates...and I hear ya on the eternities of waiting for rehab...are you guys going to go to Neuroworx?

Rick...you rock...keep up the incredibly hard work...it's definately paying off! We're looking forward to the video!

And awesome song? Seriously...I want a copy of that!

Love,

Mike and Michelle

Day by Day Design said...

You are so cute Tara, Rick is lucky to have you! And visa versa I am sure!! :) That is so great he didnt have to have surgery! What a blessing! I am glad you guys had a good holiday!