Saturday, July 19, 2008

Well I haven't wrote for a while so I guess it's time for an update. There's lots of pictures in this video... the first ones are from about a week or so ago. Hollan and Ady got the rockband for the wii and that explains the drums, the guitar, and the microphone. I played the drums and I sucked but it was still fun. Don't be surprised if you see us on tv one day being famous for being so good at rockband!!

Well our house is closer than ever!! We found out a last week that we got a deck donated to us!! We were so excited! Some people from Richfield donated the wood and the labor and a company up north donated the trex that is going on top! All that's left on our house is to put the trex on the deck and just a few finishing touches like finishing the banester and just finishing a few finishing touches. As of right now we're suppose to move in next week, so keep your fingers crossed that it actually happens. I'll put tons of pictures of it when it's all done. Rick hasn't seen the house since we first came home from the hospital and all it had was sheetrock.. well last night for the first time Rick went in and saw our house. That's what the pictures are of on the video at the last. He loved it!!! Of course he did... what's not to love!! It was fun to have Rick see our house because now he knows all the wonderful things I've been telling him about.

Rick has been doing great! He keeps progressing. His arms keep getting stronger and he works them out every day. I'm so proud of him, he trys so hard and he does everything he can to get stronger and getting all his movement back. We do weights on his arms everyday and stretch him out, he does a motorized bike to work out his legs and he we do tons of stuff with his legs to get them going. In rehab on friday, they put him in a standing frame and told him to try to thrust his hips forward and back. He did really good! They did some reflex tests on him and said he is still in spinal shock which normally lasts about 6 months. We're in month 4 now... and our theory is, is that as soon as he's out of spinal shock his feeling and movement is just going to come rushing back! I think the fact that he is making so much progress while he is in spinal shock is such a great thing!! Rick I am so proud of you and your wonderful attitude and how hard you try. I fall in love with you more and more everyday and I'm always here for you. I know that if we keep our hope and faith we'll be done with all this before you know it!

We just want to say thankyou to a few people... Robert for fixing our sink for us, Anna and Jen for weeding our yard, my parents for taking us out to lunch and hanging out with us, Becky for the jamba juice and hanging out with us in rehab, Chad and Tiff for all their concern and love, Trav and Mac for calling and getting the updates and always asking what they can do to help, Shay for all his faith and hope, Matt and Mindy for their love (Mindy we hope your feeling okay :) ) Jen and Jake and all their cute girls (Makayla thanks again for fasting for us, you are so dang cute) Hollan and Ady for being the bestest friends anyone could ask for, all the wonderful people that are involved with our house that are helping and donating things to us, Roy Moore for being like our other father and for all the wonderful things he does for us, Stir and Tiff for being the best boss and friends to us, (Rick can't wait to get back to work for you) and I know I've already said it, but both of our parents are pure amazing! I couldn't even list the things they do for us because the list goes on and on. I could honeslty go on for days and days with people we need to thank, but at leasts that's a start! Thank you to everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was my pleasure to hang out with you guys during rehab. Honestly I was so amazed at all that Rick is now able to do. I sure miss you guys! I am excited to help you move this week-see ya tomorrow! (that is positive thinking-that your house will be all ready!)

Day by Day Design said...

Tara, I am so glad you have so many wonderful people around you!! You guys deserve it! I love your family saying that you have on your side bar!! I have to tell you that every time I read your blog I get so choked up!!! I am so excited that Rick is continually doing better! That is such wonderful news!! And I love your home! That is so exciting you are moving in this week! I can't wait to see all of the pics!!! :)