Saturday, January 10, 2009

Blah

Well I don't have much exciting news to tell... or really good news for that matter. Rick got sick a little over a month ago with a bladder infection. We got him on antibiotics for a week and then we thought he was better. Well about two days later we realized he wasn't better and we went back to the doctors. His antibiotic wasn't strong enough the first time so they put him on another one that was stronger and longer. Then we got done with that and arond Christmas time Rick started having all these symptoms and stuff he's never had before. He couldn't even sit up for 1 minute without passing out. So a couple days later he kept getting sicker and sicker so we took him to the ER last Saturday. We learned there that he was on the wrong antibiotics the whole time and they took a culture before but never bothered to call us and tell us that his infection was resistant to the pills he was on. So pretty much he had a bladder/kidney infection that kept getting worse and worse and no pills were killing it. So now once again he's on antibiotics that are hopefully killing it for reals this time. But these pills make him feel pretty crappy and tired all the time. And his body is spending so much energy trying to kill this infection is has no energy to do anything else. We haven't been to therapy in 3 weeks, but hopefully next week we'll be able to go. Sorry to just vent like this, we are both just so tired of infections and pills and doctors and hospitals and tears and frustration and being scared and the whole deal. Rick keeps saying he's so sick of not being able to tell people good news, but we just have to keep hanging in there. Good news has to be on it's way.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Even though we love hearing good news from you, we don't expect you to have good news every time you write! I can see how you would be frustrated and feel like you should have good things and progress to report every time you talk to someone though. How frustrating to be taking the wrong stuff for so long and now having to start over. Hang in there and remember that the Lord is there for you and understands what you are going through. We love you guys!

Unknown said...

When I was depressed about life once my friend told me two things-first: this too shall pass. I know its hard to think of our trials as small but maybe it will help you to think that one day it will be behind you. And second is chin up-chest out. No idea what that does but I think the idea is to just keep pushing forward-be brave, face it all head on. I don't know if it helps or not, but you should know that our thoughts and prayers are with you always-not a day goes by that we don't say at least 2-3 prayers on your behalf. Great things are headed your way-I know it!

DJ Stauffer said...

Hi Tara. My name is DJ Stauffer and I live in Wyoming. We lived in Mitchell, South Dakota when Rick served his mission there so we had the great priviledge of having Rick in our home at least once a week. He is a great guy! I was so happy to finally find this blog,(i've been looking for you since november to send you a Christmas Card)but as I read the blog I was horrified to hear the news about Rick's fall and the many months you have gone through and the biggest thing that upset me was that I didn't know about it until JUST TODAY! We would have come to visit, or sent money or anything you would have needed! I'm so glad I had a cell phone number for rick and that we were able to talk to him this afternoon. He sounds so great and optomistic. My husband is quite fond of Rick!! Anyway, I'll write more in a snail mail letter when I finally send off that Christmas Card. You guys are amazing!! We look forward to meeting you, someday, and having our children get to know Elder Werry again. Brooklynne was 5 and Briannyn was 2 last time we saw him. Now they're 8 and 5 and we now have a boy named Joey (3) and another girl named Jamilynn (1 1/2). Take care and keep up the blog! We can't wait for updates!