Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday update

We had a wonderful holiday! We got to spend time with our families and friends and eat lots and lots of good food! Me and Rick spent Christmas eve with each other, which was weird for me becasue it was the first Christmas eve I wasn't at my parents house. But it was nice to just be with Rick. It didn't really feel like a holiday, and it probably won't till we have little kids that get way excited, but it was still a nice day. We went to Rick's parents on Christmas day, and all of his siblings and families came. It was really fun. I took Tuff with is because I knew we'd be gone all day, and that was interesting to say the least. At first he was good because he was shy and just stayed on Rick's lap. But then he started to warm up.... and oh boy!!! He wanted to play with everything, and chew everything, and chase little kids that didn't want to be chased, and go potty anywhere except for outside. But I guess he did pretty good for a puppy. The day after Christmas my brother Travis and his family, and my brother Shay, and my parents all came to our house. It was so fun to have everyone at our house this year. But we really missed my brother and sister in law, Chad and Tiff and the boys, but we'll get to see them this year! My family stayed with us for a few days and it was so fun. We had alot of wii tournaments!!

I can't believe it's already a new year. This last year doesn't even feel like it's real or it even happened. It was by far the hardest year I've ever had in my life, but hopefully that just means every year keeps getting better from here. We never expected we'd ever have a year like this one, but we just have to keep our faith and hope that this year will be so much better! I'm excited for this 2009 because I think wonderful things are going to happen! I believe we'll get our miracle!! So here's a toast to 2009. A year hopefully full of more smiles and less tears, a year full of more love and happiness and less heart ache and fear. A year full of gathering of friends and family to celebrate holidays and fun and here's to a year FULL of MIRACLES!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to that...happy holidays! And love the new addition to the family!

Jenny said...

We had fun visiting with you. Makayla loved playing with Tuff. Hope to see you guys in January at Matt's!