Friday, February 6, 2009

Good news!!!!!

We have good news!! The other night (Tuesday) we were laying in bed and getting ready to go to sleep. Rick was feeling his hip bones since they stick out so much since he got so skinny. All of a sudden he said,"Tara I can feel this!!" Rick now has a spot of feeling on his right hip/upper thigh. A while ago I posted that he got a new feeling on his stomach and it just started out a little spot and it keeps growing and growing and getting stronger. So of coarse we're hoping that this spot of feeling does the same thing. Right now he says that it feels like that spot has a blanket over it and he's rubbing on top of the blanket, but we're sure it will just get stronger. We are so excited to see some progress! He's finally over all the infections and now he's able to heal and get new feeling and movement and we're so excited! He's also doing great at therapy! All in all rick is doing awesome! It's so GREAT to have good news!!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! It's so wonderful to hear good news! Of course, it's good to hear that you are able to feel more now, but it's also great to know you are finally feeling better! By the way Tara, it's awesome that you are a "guardian angel". I told Jacob and Makayla heard and she said "Tara's a real live hero, huh?" I agree!

Unknown said...

Golly...that is fantastic...you guys really are the perfect example of faith and hope...I wish I had a little more of that sometimes! Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! thats amazing! he is progressing so fast! I am so happy that you guys are so strong and through that he is able to recover so much faster! WOW!!!

Unknown said...

I was so excited that I told everyone at work about it. Tara, you didn't mention your heroic efforts though-that is an awesome story and you should share it---it gave me goosebumps.