Wednesday, June 25, 2008

one movement closer....

Well I am full of good news today. First of all rick isn't sick anymore! I don't know if it was his antibiotics or the flu or something else... all I know is that it is gone! He's still a little weak, but he'll have his strength back in no time. It's a good thing he's better because I don't think we could have handled one day more of that!!

Now for the news that I am so excited to write.... Rick moved his leg today!!!! During therapy today his therapist layed him on his side and put a board in between his legs to eliminate gravity... he normally moves it all around and tells rick to try and move it. Well today he was on his side and his therapist straightened it out and told him to bend his knee up to his chest.. so it's kind of like a walking motion but he's just laying on his side. Well.... he moved it!! With no stimulation or help... he went from straight to a little bent. It wasn't all the way up but he moved it a good 6 inches by himself!! We knew that it would happen soon... but now it's starting to happen. It was his left leg... and he said he couldn't feel it.. it was all tingly though. Which means there is a connection going through... it's just a little small one right now.. but no worries it will just keep getting bigger and bigger!!

I found a quote that President Gordon B. Hinckley said at his wife's funeral and it just hit home and summed up so much......
It isn't as bad as you sometimes think it is.
It all works out. Don't worry.
I say that to myself every morning.
It will all work out.
Put your trust in God,
and move forward in faith
and confidence in the future.
The Lord will not forsake us.
He will not forsake us.
If we will put our trust in Him,
if we will pray to Him,
if we will live worthy of His blessings,
He will hear our prayers.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy, it seems like when we get a little discouraged the Lord is there to help us renew our faith. We so proud of your hard work, and the examples that you two are to everyone. What an honor it must be, to be instruments in the hands of the Lord.
We Love you! Keep moving!
Love Mom and Dad

Jenny said...

You just made me cry! I'm so happy for you, and that is such a great quote for me right now. I know I keep saying it, but your faith just inspires me. I'm glad you are finally starting to feel better, Rick. Keep working hard. I love you guys!

Love,
Jen

UsdailyReader said...

Yay...that is awesome news. I am glad to hear that Rick is feeling better and that things are looking up.

UsdailyReader said...

By the way that last comment is from me......Kelsee

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys! I know that if you just keep working hard and having faith that things will all work out perfectly. Oh and I am sure that having some patience will help too. We have never stopped praying for you both and we won't. Thanks for being so awesome-you inspire us all. I love you! Becky

Anonymous said...

That is just about the best news ever. I am very happy for you and hope that you know how much you inspire those around you. I am sure you don't have a clue as to how many people are watching you, and see your faith and love for one another. You both keep up the good work and know that your ICU Buddies love you and are praying for you also.