Tuesday, June 10, 2008

still going

Well we have had some busy days lately. This weekend was fun. On Sunday after church we had a LONG nap, and then Hollan and Ady and Greg and Tyla came over for dinner. It was delicious! Then they played guitar hero with the wii.. it was pretty entertaining. Greg is a serious pro! Then we just played some games and hung out.. it's so fun to have great friends!! Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment at 10 in Provo. So we had to wake up at 5:30 to get ready to leave at 7:30! Early morning things are not the best for us. But the doc app. went well. He said that he could tell that Rick's arms are alot stronger , and that he's gained alot of his triceps back. Rick told him that when he trys to wiggle his toes his toes start to tingle real strong, or if he trys to move his legs his legs start to tingle harder. The doctor said that was really neat! That's all he said.. but hey we'll take it! Then we met up with my mom and went to Sizzler for lunch and then just went to the park and hung out. Rick mostly just slept, but it was real good to just sit and talk with my mom.. I don't know what I'd do without her! Then we went to therapy, and for occupational therapy they had Rick push himself down the hall t0 the pop machines and back. He did great! He's getting so good at it! Then for physical therapy he practiced getting himself up from the mat and transfering himself to the wheel chair. The harness thing that holds him over the treadmill wasn't working so they put him on a machine where he pushes his body up with his legs. It will be so exciting when he can do it all by himself, he's getting closer and closer every day!

Sometimes I have bad days, like everyone else, and I start to think of the things that Rick can't do right now. Like walk, or work, or get himself ready, but then I start to think of the things that he can do. Rick can breath on his own now, and eat, and talk, and move his arms better and better, and feel new spots and new sensations, and help me transfer him, and eat things on his own(when he wants to that is), and help me roll him in bed, and help me get his shirt on, and he can make me smile and laugh SO hard! He has the most faith and determination out of anyone I know, he shares his testimony and feelings with everyone, including strangers, he can make everyone laugh and want to be with him, he reminds me that everything is going to be okay all the time, he can take drinks by himself, he makes me fall in love with him over and over everyday!! Rick is amazing.. I know that I say that in almost all my blogs... but he reminds me everyday just how amazing he is! Rick is going to be a miracle.. he can and he will!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how much my testimony is strengthened just listening to the things you say and write. You both are amazing. It's neat that Rick shares his testimony with so many people. I also want you to know that BOTH of you share your testimony with so many people without ever even meeting them. People are so amazed when I tell them your story. It's like your faith is so strong people can feel it, even without meeting you. Keep hanging in there-you are doing wonderful things. By the way Tara, I love your hair!

Love, Jen