Thursday, June 5, 2008

The wii

So Rick's brother Matt let us borrow his wii the other day. At first I thought that it would be really good therapy for Rick but little did I know... that I'd get addicted!! I love the wii!! Whoever comes over we make them play the wii with us. When my parents came to visit we even made them play. I must say they did really good. So I suggest to everyone.. play!!

I don't know how many people know that I have three older brothers. And I'm a little bias but I think I have the best brothers a younger sister could have. My brother Shay who's the youngest of the three just joined the national guard. He's in nursing school and he had to finish all his finals early and real fast so that he could make it to boot camp on time. When he got there he got pnemonia, pink eye, and an ingrown toenail. Some how he survived all that and kept going with boot camp. And the funny thing is that I don't even have to be there and I know he had people laughing and smiling through it all. Shay's had a hard time deciding what he wants to do with his life over the years but I can say everything he does he is great at! He is so smart and unlike me school seems to be a breeze for him. He is one of the most spiritual people I know and of coarse we would fight growing up ( in fact we were really good at it) but I always knew that if I needed him he'd be there for me. When Rick fell my whole family was there for us, and Shay said some things that really helped me. So I thought that I'd just take a minute to tell Shay how proud of him I am and to keep up the hard work! Love ya Shay!!

Rick is still doing awesome!! Of coarse he keeps getting stronger, and his reflexes are getting stronger! Yesterday his parents took him up to Provo for rehab so I could have a day to relax and do stuff for me. I thought it would be so nice to have a day but the second Rick left I missed him so much!! As the day went on I was okay, but I could not wait for him to get home! But it felt good to have a day to regenerate. Today I feel great! I even got my hair colored.. which for most people is not that big of a deal, but since I only did it once before it's a huge change. Everytime I walk by the mirror I even surprise myself because I forget. But today has been a great day because I've just been hanging out with Rick and of coarse playing the Wii!!

When we drove by our house today a guy is in there putting in our hard wood floors!! YAY!! We're getting closer and closer!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Rick and Tara!

So you've been doing a little "wiihab" eh! We're so jealous...we love it! I heard that it really is good for rehab though! I totally know what you mean...when Mike's left for the day with someone else...I'd be excited too...but miss him imediately! Gosh, you're awesome!

LOve Michelle and Mike

PS
We got on the wrong medicaid...so we're basically starting over again and gettting accepted! Any suggestions? I kinda suck at this!