Saturday, May 31, 2008

chinese fortune



Well I'll start by saying Happy Birthday Hollan!! Today we went to lunch with Hollan and Ady for Hollan's birthday. We went to the chinese place here in town. Isn't their little boy so cute!! We pretty much adopted him as our nephew, so we are now aunt tara and uncle rick. Well while we were there Rick picked a fortune cookie and his fortune read, "All your hard work will pay off soon." Okay so I don't believe in anything like fortune cookies, but hey we're going to take that one and believe it!! We'll take anything we can get!!
Rick has been doing awesome! We have to drive to Provo every Monday, Wednesday and Friday for therapy. Everytime we go it seems like Rick is getting stronger and he can do stuff better and better. On Friday he got from the laying down to sitting up much better then he ever has, and his reflexes in his legs are getting stronger. Rick you are awesome!! I know your hard work will pay off soon, and it well be so exciting!!
So we all have trials to learn things, this is a well known fact. As we are going through are trial, it's amazing what I am learning. The first and most definite one is how much my faith has grown. This would be the scariest thing to go through if I didn't have a knowledge of this church and of blessings. Another thing I've been learning, is how to ask for help. Before this I asked for help with little things, but it really is humbling to ask for people's help because I feel like I should be doing this all by myself. Which I'm learning I don't have to do. It's still hard at times, but I think we're both getting better at receiving help and asking for it. I'm also learning what an amazing person Rick is. He faces this trial with his head up and he does everything he can to get through this. I knew he was amazing the day I married him, but this really has opened my eyes just how amazing he is. We all have good days and bad days, but Rick just keeps fighting through and he never looses his faith. I can't even imagine what it feels like to be him right now, but yet he keeps smiling and making everyone laugh. Rick you are my hero!!!!
Hopefully our house is getting closer and closer for us to move into. We are so excited! Our house is going to be incredible! We're going to have a beautiful house, incredible neighbors, the biggest miracle we'll probably see when Rick is healed, wonderful friends and family, and the list goes on and on!! Everything is good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick and Tara, you are both heroes to us. You are still teaching us things, funny thing for a parent to say. We are so proud of both of you. Your turn to pay it back will be coming in the future. Keep working hard--it will pay off. Love Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Tara and Rick, I just was on myspace and saw the blog explaining what happened. I am happy to hear that Rick is doing so much better! You both are very strong people!
kooljewels18@yahoo.com
Nicole McDonald (Fitzgerald)

Anonymous said...

Hey Guys!!!It is always wonderful to check your blog and hear that good stuff is happening from day to day. It was great to see you the other day. Rick looks awesome. I will look forward to seeing you all in the future. Norm is done with PT and OT, but we will still be there for speech for bit. I am not sure where Cardiac Rehab is, but maybe we can see you while we are there. Give each other hugs from us.

Day by Day Design said...

Tara, I happened to come across your blog and I just wanted you to know that you have been in our prayers! We think the world of you, and from reading your blog your husband seems to be amazing as well!! I am sure you both will be blessed immensely through this trial. We are so glad to see that Rick is continually doing better! What an amazing spirit he must have! And you as well, to help get him through this! Sounds like your home is close to being done, but if there is anything that still needs to be done, Jonathan and I are pretty handy and we would be happy to help! Also I am an interior designer and I would love to help you with anything I can in that area! Really whatever we can do to help... just let us know.