Thursday, May 15, 2008


Great day!!!!!
Well today Rick noticed that he can feel lower down on his chest!! Right in the middle of his chest between his rib cage, he can feel it! He said that when he touches it, it kind of feels like a blanket is on top of it. I was so excited when he told me that. Rick really does have little improvements every day. Most spinal cord injuries, you can see improvements from month to month, but we can see Rick's improvements every day! We had physical therapy yesterday and occupational therapy today and our therapists are really nice. They both said they were suprised about how well Rick is doing just two months after his fall.
We also decided that we are going to move back to our house that we were at before. We didn't know if it was going to be possible, but we went and walked through it today and realized that it will work till we get to move into our new house. The hotel is nice, and the people here are so generous for letting us stay here, but there's just something about being home that's priceless. One of our wonderful friend/neighbor came and helped us in our house today, and he is being kind enough to build us a ramp so we can get Rick in that house. We are so blessed to live in such a wonderful community with such caring, and amazing people. We moved into that house right when we got married, and it's crazy how attached you can get to a little, old house. I'm way excited to live there again for about a week or two till we move again.
Everyday we're reminded of how blessed and lucky we are to know such amazing people! And everyday I'm reminded how lucky I am to be married to such an amazing man. I know we're going to get through this, and the only way I know I can is because I have such an amazing husband.

3 comments:

Ian, Kels & Lilly said...

Yay that is awesome news! We will have to come down and see your new house when you get all settled in.

Anonymous said...

That is great! Mom told me about your outing to the park-it gives me chills just to think of it. You both are loved and admired so much. I sure miss seeing you guys everyday but I am very glad that you can be home. We should be coming to visit soon. Can't wait to see all of your great progress. Love ya! Becky Z.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! Let's hope the progress and the improvements continue. That is really wonderful.

I am happy to hear that you will be living in your old house for a while. You have been too long away. Now, you can get on with things and when you get into your new house, it will be so neat. There are people all over praying for you two, and who love you.

Norm and I saw Shane today when we went for therapy. I gave him your blog address and showed him how to leave a comment, but who knows if he will remember cause he said that he had never been to a blog spot before!!!!

Anyway, you guys are off and runnin' and I know that you are going to do fine. Tara, I totally agree that you are married to an amazing man, but I also believe he is married to an amazing woman. You both are awesome.