Monday, May 19, 2008

Rick workin at the houses, helping with insulation

Rick and his wonderful therapists Shane and Andy
Well this weekend was a good one!! On saturday me and Rick had a bbq for everyone at the houses. They've done so much for us, that the least we could do is cook them one good lunch. Rick's parents helped us out a tons and barbequed the meat for us and helped set everything up, and we just hung out and visited. It feels so good to be around friends again. After we ate lunch Rick went and helped put the insulation in. There's a little button you have to flick back and forth to turn it off and on, and that was Rick's job. He had a good time being back out at the houses working again. I know that he wanted to do more, but soon enough he'll be out there again workin away. On sunday we went back to our ward in Monroe. Our church starts at 9:00, so it was quite the challenge to get there on time. We use to wake up about 20 minutes before, but now it takes us about two hours to get us both up and ready. But we made it there, and we were only about 10 minutes late! Everyone was so nice and told us they were happy that we were back home.

This of coarse is a huge trial and challenge for me and Rick, but there is one thing I'm going to miss when Rick's healed. I get to spend all day with Rick and just hang out with him, and I LOVE it! I think I've fallen in love with him all over again. We go on drives alot these days and I love just talking to him. I think when he goes back to work the first day, I'm going to miss him like crazy! Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for our miracle, but in the time being I love hanging out with him, and getting to know everything about him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys look so good!!! I am so glad that you are moving on and doing what you have to do. As with any adversity, we can use it to learn or to let it control our lives. You are sure on the right track. Much love to you both.