Sunday, May 11, 2008

Here we go!!!

Well, Becky has been doing a wonderful job keeping her blog up and letting everyone know what's been going on. But we figured since we're going home on Tuesday we better start are own blog to keep everyone updated on Rick's recovery and on our life. I just want to start out by saying THANKYOU to everyone for all the support and love we have recieved. We have an amazing family and friends and support system. We know that we wouldn't be doing as well as we are without you all. We have truly seen how amazing people can be and how many people have helped us in this time of need. We know that we will continue to need help as things progress, but we know that we will always have people to help us, and that is such a wonderful feeling. I could name people one by one and tell something amazing about them and how much they've helped us, but that would take days and days. Just know that we are so touched by everyone and so appreciative for things that people do for us.

We get to go home on Tuesday! We're so excited! We're going to live in a hotel for a little while till our house is done, then we get to move in to a beautiful, new house! We can't even believe that so many people pulled together and is building a wonderful house that we can go home too. And we are so excited that we're going to have the coolest neighbors and friends living in our neighborhood. We're so excited to live there and start our new lives and recovery there.

I'll always post the wonderful progress and improvements Rick is making, and I think there are going to be tons!! Some times I start to feel more like Rick's nurse than his wife, so I just want to tell him how much I love him. I couldn't do anything without you Rick, and there are no words to tell you how much I love you. You are such an inspiration to so many people, but to me the very most. You are so strong, physically and spiritually, and I am so lucky and blessed to be your wife. I love you my sexy husband!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick and Tara,
We are so proud of you. It is so awesome to see your little miracles everyday. We love you!!!
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

I found you!!!! I was having trouble getting your blog to come up, but I'm here now!!!

When we got to PT today and you weren't there, I was so disppointed because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to say good-bye and to let you know how much I have enjoyed knowing you. I am hoping that we will be able to hook up once in a while when you are up for therapy and we are there too!!! I will miss you and your parents, but I am very happy for you both, to get out of the hospital and home to your new house and your new life....and a new puppy!!!!

My husband is not a big talker, but since he has been so sick and we have spent so much time together, we talk more than we used to. I want to tell you that you and Rick have really been an inspiration to him. You both are amazing and I know that you are going to be fine and have a wonderful life together. You have helped more people than you will ever know. Thank you. No one would have this happen to you both, but, since it has, maybe it can make you feel better, by knowing you have helped so many. You certainly have helped Norm, when he really needed it.

We wish you luck and you will continue to be in our prayers. Please keep in touch through blogs. I would love to know how you are doing. You can certainly email me if you want, but I hope to keep up with you somehow, and know how things are going.

We love you guys tons. I often think about you and your families the first day you came to the ICU waiting room. I wanted to bad to make things better for you. There is so much sadness there, but there is support there too. Like one big family!!!

Love to Ya,
Frances