Wednesday, May 21, 2008

We're home!!!



Well we finally made it home. We moved out of the hotel this morning and moved back into our little house, and it feels great! Our stuff is still all over the place, and I have a feeling once I get everything put where it goes it will be time to pack it back up and move into our new house. But I'm okay with that because at least we're not living out of a one room hotel or hospital anymore.
The exciting news of the day, is that Rick got more feeling!! In his lower back on his left side below his rib cage, there's a little spot that was tingling alot last night and today he can feel it!! It's so amazing to see the improvements that Rick makes every day, and it really is EVERY day!! His physical therapist worked with him today and said he felt stronger today and it seems like every time he works with him he says that. His whole body tingles, and it seems like right before he gets feeling somewhere it tingles stronger. It's so comforting and reassuring to me that he tingles everywhere, I already know all his feeling and movement will come back it's just so nice to have that to always remind us.
Rick just commented on how nice it is to be back in his recliner, and I have to say he looks great in it! He looks right at home which is where he should be. When I think of all the blessings that me and Rick have it is so overwhelming! Even simple things like us being back home and Rick being in his recliner is a blessing. Whenever I start getting sad or bummed out from our situation, it takes just a minute to realize we have so many blessing and there is no reason to be sad. We have a wonderful family, friends, a new house, a wonderful community, ward, neighbors, Rick's getting healthier every day, and of coarse each other. I know that this is all sounding corny and cheesy, but somedays you just need to realize all your blessings and just be thankful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick does look great in his recliner, I have been waiting to see him there. Keep up the tingling. Tara you are awesome. Love ya tons Mom and Dad

Unknown said...

I am jealous! I don't even have a recliner. You look great though. I am glad that you were finally able to move into your old house. It won't be long before you are moving again but that should be your last move for a very long time! When I told Steve and Koby last night about you being able to feel in your lower back we were all grinning. It is great news. We are really looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend. See you Friday! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

What absolutely wonderful news!!!! I am so glad to hear that more feeling is coming back. How exciting!!! Each day brings something new!!!! I am so happy for you. Rick, you are awesome and that wife of yours is no slacker either!!!! Our best to you.

Norm and I are going for his last rehab appointment tomorrow and I will tell Shane and Andy. I love the people there, but it is kind of lonely. Everyone is new, and there is no one to talk to.

What good news to hear that you are back in familiar territory. I think that makes healing easier and faster...when you are home!!! It finally seems like you can move on and get things in order. Of course, for you guys, there is one more move to make, but it is a huge step in the right direction.

When I read what you said about Rick getting more feeling back, my mind went back to the ICU waiting room when your family first came in. So much sadness. I have often thought about the people that meet in that room. All have been touched by trauma in some was, and how sad that all is. But, when I read what you said, I thought about all of the miracles you see there too. The miracle of family and friendships, the miracle of healing, both body and spirit. Aren't we lucky to be able to see that??? I remember the first day you came in Tara, and how bad I felt. I didn't know what had happened, but I will not forget the tears and the overwhelming sadness, and then however many weeks it was later,when you left to go home, how wonderful you both looked. Norm and I think and speak of you often. Love to you both.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw Shane today and he is wathing your blog. Everyone there is really happy that you two are doing so well. I am happy too!!!

All is well here!!!

Tons of love to ya!!!