Wednesday, May 14, 2008



We're home!!!! Well we're kinda home. We're staying at a hotel till our brand new house is done. We had a chance to go see it yesterday night, and we love it!! We are so excited to move in and start our new life there. It was so fun to see some of our friends last night, we've missed everyone. But the weird thing about coming home is that there is alot of mixed emotions involved. Of coarse we're excited to be out of the hospital, and among friends and family, but at the same time we already miss going to therapies and our wonderful therapists. At the hospital we had a schedule to stick too, and we got in a pretty good routine. This morning I realized at 11:00 that we hadn't had breakfast yet. Our morning routine takes us about an hour or more, but hopefully that will get faster. All day yesterday I was so emotional. I was happy, scared, excited, anxious, and just felt out of place all day. I think in the back of my mind whenever I thought about going home, I just thought that everything would go back to normal, and now that it's not normal yet reality kind of sets in. We know that everything will go back to normal, and it will just be a journey, kind of an adventure, till we get there. We have our new physical therapists coming today, so I'll let ya know how everything goes!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys to be out of the hospital. I can't wait until we get to come visit you again and see your new house! How exciting. Please let us know if we can help with moving or anything else. We love you tons.

Anonymous said...

Norm had physical and occupational therapy today and the place just didn't seem the same without you. But, I will say that everyone there is really happy for you. They are all wondering how you are doing. But, we know that you are doing just fine.

It sure is a different ball game when you get home and are doing it all. You guys have a more complicated situation than Norm and I, but I do know that it gets easier, and faster. We have been so late for several appointments because we just haven't learned to judge how long things take to do. We shall overcome!!!!!!

Let us all know how you are doing and if you want me to pass a message along to anyone, just email me and I will do that.

You guys rock!!!! Love to ya.